Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Choice has to be Made

Have you ever received news that shocked you into a state of frozen numbness?  With just such news, I have been like a little child jumping up and down, screaming "No!" inside my heart.  Unable to vocalize my stunned state.
Maybe you know what I speak of?   
There is no stopping the wave of emotion; lifelessness seems to pervade like a rush over a cliff....a drop into an abyss of nothingness.  Thinking clearly is almost impossible. And yet, a choice has to be made.
Will we choose despair and it's life sucking paralysis or will we choose something better, even in our momentary numbness?
I urge you to choose God; He is the "something better."
In faith we can claim His promises and are assured of his love.  In the fourth chapter of 1John, it is said, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."  God loves you. He loves me.  In His gift of Jesus, we can be assured of no higher or deeper love to come our way.
Hand in hand with God's promises, standing strong in faith, believing He will help you, because He loves you, is the only way free of despair when life crashes in.
Choose to walk with Him my friend; He is all you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment